Kawatsura lacquerware (gold-inlaid lacquer and gold lacquer) experience
Decorate yourself using the technique of "gold-inlaid lacquer " "gold lacquer" which have been used for many crafts since ancient times. With the technique of adding shinny gold leafs, etc., directly to the lacquerware, the beauty is greatly enhanced.
[Gold-inlaid lacquer] carve a pattern on the surface of the lacquer ware with a Shimizu sword called a Kanna and then add the gold foil to the lacquer.
[Gold lacquer] paint the lacquer with a brush according to the illustration and sow gold powder, color powder, etc.
- 9:00 to 5:00
(Final experience start time is 3:30)
≪Scheduled holidays≫ every Thursday
≪Place≫ Sawaichi Kawanari Lacquer Ware Traditional Crafts Art Gallery
≪Required time≫ about 1 and a half hours
- 1 person 2,057 JPY
* The main experience is a coaster, but if you purchase the product and pay an additional 1,029 JPY, other products can be used.
- Advanced reservation advisability
- 3 days before the desired experience day
- Available personnel
- Up to about 50 people
- Implementing organization
- Akita-ken Lacquerware Industry Cooperative Association
- Contact destination
- Zip 012-0105
142-1 Odatenakano, Kawatsuracho, Yuzawa, Akita-ken
(In Japanese only)